I’m looking forward to next weeks TUGA IT conference in Portugal. I’m pretty honoured and excited and it will be the first time I visit Portugal at all.
During this conference, I will hold a full day branding workshop gives you an insight into modern web design and development covering the following topics.
!important things in CSS/SASS for SharePoint and SPFx
This update gives you a skill upgrade to the latest methods in web development and learns how you can benefit from using SASS for classic SharePoint branding as well as Web Parts written in the new SharePoint Framework.
- This workshop enables you to write more efficient, cleaner and better CSS
- You will learn how to develop reusable patterns and components and apply them to the modern, as well as the classic experience in SharePoint and Office 365.
- Finally, you will also learn how to deal with a responsive web design requirement apart from Frameworks.
The workshop itself it defined by the following four modules:
- CSS basics, common issues, and modern techniques
- Base concept of SASS, Helper, programming concepts
- Style Guide, Pattern Libraries and naming conventions
- Bring your patterns and components to life in SPFx
- If you are interested attending this workshop, there is still some time to register.
From Design to a modern Style Guide – Branding Strategies for SharePoint, Add-ins, and SPFx
The is the title of my session on Friday, and you will get an introduction how to create and develop your own style guide for SharePoint, Office Add-ins or web application. It will help you save time during development and for future adoptions.
You will learn how to maintain your code and documentation at the same time. Start to develop maintainable, reusable and re-factorable design patterns now and learn what CSS frameworks can’t do for you.
In addition I will demo the Style Guide Application I created especially for SharePoint on-premises and on Office 365.